Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: scandulous

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay View Post
    Sadly it shows the way that we as a nation are headed. Everyone is welcome to everything that they can claim (and they are even told what they should claim for) as long as you were not born in this country and have not paid any taxes etc etc.
    Here, here!
    Enoch Powell (remember him?) was right all along.

Quote Originally Posted by patticakebbq View Post
    Yes, but if you ask the illegals and the people that support them, these are the jobs the l"azy americans" don't want to do. I can't tell you how much I hate when they say that. Its like their mantra "we do the jobs Americans don't want to" over and over. Even though time and time again, when they are removed and the jobs open up, hundreds of us "lazy americans" apply.
    The problem is not that Americans are too lazy to do certain jobs. Just not willing to do them for so little pay and no health insurance. The Chicken processor could hire three illegal for the cost of two citizens. They were most likely being paid cash under the table. So no taxes. The owners and managers of that company should be the ones who are punished. it is the only way to prevent it... make it so expensive if one gets caught hiring illegals that companies police themselves.

And no I really don't mind immigrants. My Grandparents were immigrants. They came here legally and became citizens.

Come to think of it if I were in the position most of the illegals, I would probably come to the US for the opportunity to work and send my family money.
    Sandi

Check out our General Store

Hubby's Bike shop

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greycastleus View Post
    The problem is not that Americans are too lazy to do certain jobs. Just not willing to do them for so little pay and no health insurance. The Chicken processor could hire three illegal for the cost of two citizens. They were most likely being paid cash under the table. So no taxes. The owners and managers of that company should be the ones who are punished. it is the only way to prevent it... make it so expensive if one gets caught hiring illegals that companies police themselves.

And no I really don't mind immigrants. My Grandparents were immigrants. They came here legally and became citizens.

Come to think of it if I were in the position most of the illegals, I would probably come to the US for the opportunity to work and send my family money.
    I too am not against immigrants but why isn't the word illegal important anymore. If they are legal they will pay taxes, learn engish and be a good citizen if they are illegal they will work, take advantage of all my tax dollars will provide & send the money out of the country.

If I were to do anything illegal I would expect to be arrested. We are setting a very poor example for our young people when we don't enforce the laws.

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    I too am not against immigrants but why isn't the word illegal important anymore. If they are legal they will pay taxes, learn engish and be a good citizen if they are illegal they will work, take advantage of all my tax dollars will provide & send the money out of the country.

If I were to do anything illegal I would expect to be arrested. We are setting a very poor example for our young people when we don't enforce the laws.
    I agree. My father's father came over from Italy, went through Elis Island (one of these days I'm going there to look it up) became a citizen, learned the language, worked hard, and paid his taxes. I have several aunts and uncles that came here as adults and children and did the same. Its not fair to the imigrants that do it the right way, it undermines their efforts. I hate that more of my tax dollars go to the children of illegals than my own children in our schools. We just had 2 police officers shot by an illegal because he didn't want to be deported again. Well, then he shouldn't have been petty crimes, right in front of them, they didn't know he was illegal, they were only going to issue him a ticket.
    Stop by and browse around. New items added to all stores almost daily.

I was appalled after reading that article. That man sure deserves better. Then look at the recent bailout in the USA and all the co's that made a fortune while people lose their homes. I think that's another reason they have clamped down on people owning guns in Canada. Scared there could be a revolt one day.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patticakebbq View Post
    I agree. My father's father came over from Italy, went through Elis Island (one of these days I'm going there to look it up)...
    You can view ships manifests and pictures of the ship they came in on at http://www.ellisisland.org/

Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View PATRIOT73's Feedback (+173)
    All-About PATRIOT73
    View PATRIOT73's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NowAndThen View Post
    Here, here!
    Enoch Powell (remember him?) was right all along.
    yep he was shot down in flames
    "WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"

Thread Information